When super-stressed at work, try a 5-minute ‘reset’. Five stages, one minute each:
1. Stop – listen to your breathing or, if you prefer to walk, feel the rhythm of your footsteps.
2. Imagine yourself coming into God’s presence. You must put down all the things you are carrying and empty your pockets of everything. In your imagination (or literally!) take off your footwear.
3. Hear Him say your name and see Him look straight into your eyes.
4. Hear Him say, ‘I am with you.’ Take the full minute to really hear this.
5. Hear Him say, ‘I am giving you…’ Listen for what it is that He is giving you.
Five minutes is up, you are reset, time to return to work in the power of the Holy Spirit.